6 days till due date

13 Apr

Tonight, I feel like my belly and my abdominal muscles just cannot stretch any further. I feel very maxed out.

Last night, while sleeping, I noticed a distinct difference between my ease of movement at the moment compared to just 24 hours earlier. I was struggling to move from side to side. I struggled to get up to go to the bathroom. And while I was struggling, I felt the extreme cracking sensation in my pubic bones. It is almost enough for me to feel like complaining, but not quite. 

Another symptom I forgot to mention was that for the past two nights I have been getting up to pee a lot. I think I got up twice one night and three times another night. This is a big increase for me, as I had several beautiful weeks of not getting up once to pee!  It is a truly miraculous thing to sleep the whole night through while in the 3rd trimester.

As far as my illness goes, I felt bad upon waking up this morning, but I also felt well rested, even though I woke up at 6:30am. The kids stayed asleep until 7:15am and almost 8am, and then we just hung out in my bed for awhile. Once they were done snuggling, we had breakfast, we tidied up the kitchen and they were playing pretend. They happened to label me as a dragon-dinosaur, which left me feeling slightly offended 😉 I felt like a lumbering beast.

After the kitchen was cleaned up, I put a VeggieTales video on for them and took a nap. My nap was only about 20-30 minutes, but it felt really long! I still didn’t feel much better after napping, though. After the video, the kids played outside, then I got lunch together. I remembered that I had some bone broth in the freezer, so I defrosted that, chopped up some raw garlic, and spiced the broth with salt, pepper, and a dash of hot sauce, and drank in the delicious and healing liquid. 

After lunch, the kids both actually fell asleep during nap time, and I drank some tea and rested. I was quite surprised that I was unable to fall asleep, but I felt so amazingly well after the broth, tea, and the elderberry syrup that I took, that I felt borderline well! I did a little bit of administration stuff for work, and then I contemplated folding laundry, but I anticipated that we could watch one of our shows this evening and I could put clothes away while watching. However, it is already 8:30pm, and it is about too late for me to want to start watching an hour-long show.

I felt pretty optimistic this afternoon because I feel like I might avoid getting a full blown sickness. Plus, I kept my house clean ALL day long. The kitchen stayed clean from morning until evening! Plus, my clean sheets are just extra beautiful and my decluttered areas make me feel so much more peaceful.

Tomorrow I go in to work, but I am planning on leaving later and taking our time getting ready to go out the door. I’m not even sure if there is much more I can do, since in my head I planned tomorrow to be my last day to go to work before baby is born. And, I had the goal of getting everything done for my “maternity leave” by last week. I guess I did a good job of meeting my work goals since I won’t have much to do!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: